Sunday, January 6, 2013

Dinner Rolls and Liam Neeson's "Taken"

 
I found the best time to have a "me time" without the guilt...and that is when everybody is all tucked up in their beds.  Baking is becoming such a therapeutic activity lately, so I guess, many a goodies will come out from my oven,  for me to enjoy and hopefully for my love ones too. 

One Saturday night, I decided to try to bake Dinner Rolls.  I have been putting off the idea for quiet a while because the procedure would require for some waiting time before the actual baking happens.  It turned out, making this dinner rolls would make me enjoy my "me time" all the more.

Unlike baking a cake, baking breads, specifically dinner rolls would require that the dough be left for an hour or two before you can make it into bread rolls, and ready for the oven.  The window time allowed me to finally watch Taken via DVD that I have long purchased but could not find the time to watch.

Verdict?  I was taken by TAKEN..  Liam Neeson would now be on my list of favorite actors.  And the dinner rolls?  Perfect! - form and taste.


 dough formed into balls and lightly brushed with beaten eggs

Uncooked, those look more like siopao

nicely done
crusty on the outside, soft in the inside
Super yummy!

 



No comments: